Floating U Shelf
It just might be the perfect floating shelf. Our Floating U Shelves are handcrafted with a unique, minimalist design that features stylish yet practical sidewalls, perfect for leaning books against. Also ideal for candles, art, pictures, indoor plants, and all your other favorite things. Made form 100% hardwood, available in rich, dark walnut or light hard maple.
- Elegant hardware-free miter fold joints
- Continuous wood grain flow around the corners
- Clean, modern look that can be mounted easily on a range of wall surfaces
- Natural, unstained (but sealed) hardwood
- Dimensions / Specs
- Floating U Shelf FAQs
- About Deep Cut
- Shipping Details
Floating U Shelves come in two distinct sizes:
- 6" tall x 24" wide x 5-1/2" deep
- 6" tall x 18" wide x 5-1/2" deep
Weight: Approximately 3 - 4lbs per shelf (capable of holding 15lbs of static weight if installed correctly on a surface in good condition).
Mounting: Shelves use keyhole mounting onto drywall anchors and / or woodscrews (depending on whether one side goes into a stud or not). Alternative mounting hardware available by request for other surfaces like plaster, brick, stone, etc.
- "How many are in an order?": Each Floating U Shelf is sold individually. Images in product listing show single sets and multiple sets with common uses and arrangements.
- "Can I install on drywall / sheet rock / brick / plaster / other?" The hardware provided is ideal for drywall with lumber studs. However, installation is possible on most surfaces but in some cases may require specialized hardware. If the wall surface you plan to install into is one of these alternative surfaces, we suggest researching the best hardware for that surface. Since Floating U Shelves use a keyhole mounting system, ultimately one just needs a screw head protruding ~1/4" on which to mount with a sufficient head size to hold.
- "Do they come stained? Can I stain or paint them?" Our products are not stained or painted, but they are sealed using solvent-based polyurethane to protect them from moisture, sun damage, and to bring out the natural rich color of the wood. They, therefore, cannot be stained. However, they can be painted. Please consult your local hardware store or paint expert for details.
Deep Cut products are handcrafted in small batches to the last detail in our Minnesota woodshop. We make things that help you get more enjoyment out of your home. Records, books, plants, cocktail culture, the kitchen, games - if it helps you get joy from your space, we want to help and with style. We source the most premium hardwood materials from local suppliers and do everything we can to preserve the natural beauty of those materials while making things that will last. Each piece is designed to be easy to install for most DIY skill levels in a variety of environments.
Deep Cut products are made produced in small batches with tender love and care. Although most orders ship within 1 - 3 business days, production scheduling can vary. Please allow 3 - 7 business days for shipment confirmation within the US market.
NOTE: Walnut Wall Cubes are currently 2 - 4 weeks out from shipping. For more info, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Domestic Orders: We use USPS Priority and UPS Ground as our primary carrier services. These services typically deliver between 2 - 5 business days.
- International Orders: We use USPS International Priority or UPS International depending on the destination and product. Delivery timelines are very difficult to guarantee based on current global logistics. All duties, taxes, and other fees associated with the destination countries policy are the responsibility of the purchaser.